EIGE has recently launched its online Gender Equality Glossary and Thesaurus, which features over 400 accurate, up-to-date and gender-sensitive definitions. We would be grateful if you help disseminate this information within your networks and
The glossary and thesaurus has been developed in cooperation with our stakeholders, including the European Commission, European Parliament and Council of Europe, as well as national machineries for gender equality, academia and partners of EIGE’s Resource and Documentation Centre.
In the future, it will be linked with EuroVoc, the multi-lingual EU-wide thesaurus and will be translated into all official EU languages. The first translated versions will be in French, German and Spanish.
With EIGE’s Gender Equality Glossary and Thesaurus you can:
- find comprehensive definitions of gender equality terms based on official EU, Council of Europe and United Nations documents;
- better understand new terminology in the area of gender equality;
- easily search for terms and download them;
- discover which terms are preferred or outdated and why;
- tag literary resources in indexing or cataloguing work